Monday, April 2, 2012

Africa is changing politically, economically, and technologically. Recent events are indicative that Africa is growing and as with all growth there are challenges, setbacks and great strides forward. In this blog, I plan to simply follow and analyze current events on the massive and diverse continent that is Africa. I do not claim to know everything, so comments, questions, and criticisms are welcome. A bit about myself: I was born in Niamey, Niger and spent most of my first 20 years in Niger. I have traveled throughout West Africa and understand the cultures, languages, and customs of some of the people of Niger. While I can claim to know one small people group, I understand that Africa is much bigger than one people and much larger than one country... 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sumeyla.

    Thanks for the blog. Really enjoyed these first few posts and looking forward to reading what you have to say in the future. Do you have recommendations for other places to keep up with what's going on in Niger and Mali particularly? I speak French and Arabic too.

    Keep up the good work.

    Fendog

    ReplyDelete